How to convert cr2 (raw) image format to jpg?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Nov 1 15:21:24 MST 2011

From: joe at actionline.com
> What is the easiest, fastest, most efficient way to convert
> a cr2 (raw) image format to jpg?

0. Install ImageMagick (if it's not already there)
1. convert FILE.cr2 FILE.jpg
2. if FILE.jpg is not an appropriate JPEG, or you get an error message from
convert about image formats, that's when you go to
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php and start digging
for useful junk.  You may have to tell convert what the width and height of
the original were, for instance.

I've always grabbed files from my digicam as JPEG not RAW, but I could try
grabbing one as RAW and trying /usr/bin/convert after dinner.  Will let the
list know what I find, as it might educate me and/or the list.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows