Kubuntu 11.04 Problem

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun May 1 20:59:07 MST 2011

Take a look at your sound Preferences and various volume controls.  They've
had an unfortunate tendency lately to initialize to a Muted condition.

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Wayne Davis <waydavis.phx.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> I upgraded by clean installing it.
>
> I screwed around with it.
> I *broke* it.  :-(
>

>       What WAS wrong:    AUDIO not working like I wanted.
>
> What ( I ) did: Removed all pulse audio apps,removed 2nd Sound card and
> reactivated on-board audio
> What is wrong: NO sound from Amarok, boot up sound IS there. Nothing Sound
> related working.
> What I am NOW asking: Is there a way to get Kubuntu to go back in and setup
> Audio like it does when it is installing itself, WITHOUT re-installling the
> whole OS... again.
>

> Anyone? <sniffle>

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson