Weird project

Douglas Jerome douglas at ttylinux.org
Thu Mar 31 18:52:17 MST 2011

Stephen wrote:
> I am trying to modify the Debian Squeeze live install to be more
> "persistent" or something similar. that i can run from USB, and make
> changes instead of having it revert to its original state.
>
> I am almost to the point of re-partitioning the USB stick for
> Fat32/ext and trying to install directly to The USB device.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?

You might look at how Tiny Core Linux does this; I think
it uses a union file system and store updates on the flash
drive.

Personally, I use my ttylinux that has a flash installation
program; it makes a system that has a RAM disk root file
system but I have it mount /home that is an ext2 partition on
the flash drive.