Cox CIDR block configuration

lkrawczyk at amhealthgroup.com lkrawczyk at amhealthgroup.com
Thu Jul 7 15:38:44 MST 2011

We've just puchased Cox Business Internet and I have been assigned a CIDR block.  I have no experience with this.  In the past I've been assigned a range of IPs that I basically forward from the external interface through the internal interface using iptables on a dedicated Linux box.  I have multiple logical external and internal interfaces.  The internal interfaces point at LANs using 192 subnets.

What I'm confused about now is that my static ip is 70.xxx.xxx.xxx and my CIDR block is 24.yyy.yyy.yyy/28.  Since the CIDR block is being routed through my static IP I don't really know what the external interface configuration should be.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is sent from a Secure Email Server. This and any accompanying documents are solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosures, copying, distribution, or action taken or omitted in reliance on it is strictly prohibited. If you received this information in error please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.