FOSS Accounting Software

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:23:25 MST 2011

> http://www.nolapro.com/index-5.html
>
> Anyone seen this app?

Costs $20 a month....

Doesn't qualify as FREE in FOSS, does it?

I don't see any source code available?

I don't see any statement of privacy that would accompany any FOSS online
hosted app?

Looks more like some kind of hosting (cloud) programming for someones
accounting vs. them have a local control. This is my best educated
guess because you have to email them on their web form for assistance.
I don't see any addresses and is not worth my time at this point.

Yes, you're correct Lisa I don't see any place for source code. Unless
it is hiding in the tarball, which FWIW I can't seem to download with
any type of browser or aria2.

FREE as in FOSS doesn't mean you can't charge. Most seem to charge for
support when they are going to charge. When I started with Linux you
bought it in the store with a manual. ie. Red Hat, SLES are the usual
examples. IIRC Canonical has a support option also...  FREE is to mean
as I can do any thing I want with the code following the licensing for
mods and distribution with references.

--
gk
http://gm5729.blogspot.com/