Looking for Cheap Calling to Canada

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:52:23 MST 2011

Google Voice is probably the most integrated with android.

However its a full Voip application just like skype as far as data
usage would be concerned. so unless you had WiFi connected you would
be using that 10$/MB plan you have going there.

also note that Google voice has costs on international calls, so you
need to check the rates and see if where you are calling will be part
of that.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
> I need to spend a few days in Canada, and I was looking for technology to
> help reduce the cost of calling home.......hey, it worked for ET!
>
> Anyway, I have a google phone on T-Mobile. The costs for
> calling/texting/data is outrageous...
>
> $0.69/minute voice
> $10/MB data
> $0.20/text message
> $0.49/minute for any voice mails (ie if I am notified I have a voice mail, I
> get charged, whether I listen to it or not!)
>
> I was told by Tmo that any VoIP would fall under the $10/MB data charge.
> Does anyone know if this is true?
>
> Any Android gurus have a technical solution that would help reduce these
> costs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Stephen