OSS Accounting Advice

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Feb 2 14:01:28 MST 2011

Hello Hello!

I am in need of some advice. I need some OSS accounting software that is
compatible with what an accountant would use. Now, I don't have an
accountant yet, so I don't know what that person will be using, but I will
assume it will likely be quickbooks or peachtree. With that in mind, do any
of you use such a program? Or make recomendations? I know about GnuCash, and
I will likely have to learn double-entry accounting, or what ever it is
called, which so far has not made any sense to me. I understand the concept,
but as for getting it into GnuCash, it has not worked for me.

I plan to look into MoneyDance, it is pretty and my wife likes it, but I am
not real familiar with it either. Advice?

Thank you!

Nathan England

I believe in the Constitution and the 4th Amendment. I am innocent and have
nothing to hide, but NO agent of the state crosses my threshhold without a
valid warrant signed by a judge and properly submitted. If we fail to
exercise our rights, we lose them.