computer broke

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:01:38 MST 2011

Why in the world don't I leave good enough alone! Well, I installed mint
and everything was perfect. The grafics were good, the sound was good,
everything was good after I installed the 3.1.4 kernel. Then I found out I
wasn't taking advantage of my 64bit processor so I reinstalled with a 64bit
operating system. That made things slower. So I reinstalled the 32 bit os
and everything went to hell! The screen now 'jumps ' around like it is
switching between desktops sometimes. I tried to install the 3.1.4 kernel
but that didn't work. uname -r reveals me kernel is still 3.0.0-12....
well, at least it hasn't crashed..... ohhhhh right after the kernel
finished installing it did crash (the caps lock light started blinking and
it froze). and the panicing has started! It doesn't tell me it has paniced
but the caps lock button starts flashing and it locks up like in a panic.
So I was thinking that perhaps this was because I extracted the .deb files
through the GUI this time; so I did it through a shell and now after the
option to enter bios the screen goes black. I tried hitting the escape key
after the option to enter bios but it does nothing. It hasn't even entered
runtime 1 (me thinks). Eek gads!
--