DNS & Name Servers.

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 13:45:08 MST 2011

Hi,

I have an old lap top on which I have installed CentOS 5.6 and Qmail Toaster.  I can send and receive email just fine.  Qmail Toaster is working just fine.

Now I want to configure Bind.  Currently I am using my registrar's DNS.  I would like to run my own for the experience of it.

I only have one IP address on my Internet Account.  It is my understanding I need 2 name servers.  If that is true how do I create a second name server?  As I recall I need a different IP for each name server.

Is my info wrong or is there a work around?

Thanks!