Greetings!

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Mon Apr 11 23:02:43 MST 2011

What kind of integration are you looking for? Both support most of the
same open source application, the will happily share files, network
printers can be used by both, ubuntu even supports some mac auto
discovery features. As for itunes... You 'could' run itunes on the
linux box but I would not. Personally I would run one of the other
players and just share your library. This may be an issue if you have
a lot of DRM encumbers acc music files, but if not then you should be
fine. I run windows, mac, and linux systems and never had an issue.
Save the occasional task solution, like UML applications, not having
clean cross platform options. But that is a minor annoyance.

On 4/11/11, Dan Lund <situationalawareness at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Mac computer (OSX Intel & OSX G4), but I haven't touched a
> Commodore 64 since... 1985-1986?
> Pretty much I'd imagine just the usual Unix protocols would work
> without any problems since they're mostly ambiguous and heterogeneous.
> OR go down the road less travelled and learn about using AFP with
> netatalk :)  I've never done it myself, but I know that netatalk can
> serve up the apple file protocol (AFP) over TCP/IP.
>
> --Dan Lund
>
> "This day will be a great day in our history - the date of a new
> revolution, quite as much needed as the old one."
> --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's diary after the hanging of John Smith
> in Charles Town, Virginia (now West Virginia) December 2, 1859
>

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Josh W. Spencer <josh.w.spencer at cox.net>
> wrote:
>> Hello there!
>> I have recently discovered that the Commodore 64 is coming back...as a
>> Linux
>> box! I'd like to know if there are any PLUG users out there who also have
>> Mac systems (as I do). What kinds of issues would arise when integrating
>> the
>> two systems?
>> And then there's iTunes....
>> Looking forward to discuss!