Samba

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Oct 30 10:55:05 MST 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Robert N. Eaton <Motheaton28 at aol.com>wrote:

>  Hi, all,
>
>  My four year old home-built devoured its sda and while I was having it
> repaired, I bought an e-Machine with M$Win7 installed. Once I had gotten
> that set up to my liking, I installed Ubuntu 10.? (upgraded last night to
> 10.10.) on the old machine.
>
> I bought a Netgear wired router and the necessary cabling and thought that,
> for grins, I'd set up a small LAN using Samba.  (I even bought the O'Reilly
> book.)
>
> Well, the grins have turned to grimaces of frustration.  Is it POSSIBLE to
> get Win7 to play nicely with Samba? How on earth does one set up TCP/IP on a
> Win7 box?
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.

There is a known issue with the stored credentials connecting to Samba in
Win7.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/75-63-windows-samba-issue

> As ever, clueless,
>
> Bob Eaton

Skype: 6022393392
ATT:     5037544452
GV:      6236883392
http://www.it-clowns.com
Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories.
-Arthur C. Clark I am free because I know that I alone am morally
responsible for everything I do. -Heinlein