looking for recommendations for web development companies

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 08:55:34 MST 2010

I started following this thread late, but it sounds as if you are looking
for a flex+rails type of setup.  Am I reading that right?

Rails is often thought of for ecommerce, and it is excellent in that role.
When you step out of that role, role, rails usually falls apart as a
desirable solution very quickly.  One exception is as middleware for a
client server app.

The end client could be flex (aka flash), all fancy and user friendly.  The
interface would establish a connection to a server (secured if needed) and
send messages as xml, or even better a json.  The Rails server would then
act in proxy for the client and obtain the result from your back end app.
Rails would then respond back, probably in xml ot json.

Rails is very flexible allowing additional functionlity as new controllers
are added, or existing controllers are upgraded with new commands.

Was that what you were looking for?

Kevin Fries