Laptop Purchase

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:16:52 MST 2010

If you mean the Toshiba, there is a video problem.  Right now you cannot
even read BIOS displays as all you see is some bars.  I suspect something in
the character generator of the video card firmware.  It could be a cable
issue (those little flat ribbon cables in laptops truly suck).

But the major problem was that this model came with a video card that ran
hot and died for MANY users.  So many in fact that it got to the point you
could not even find a used one for sale.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson