New Linux server at home

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:28:37 MST 2010

normally, its just file (smb) and printer sharing. Those tend to be the
biggies and a home user with more
than one machine in the house might employ. the more advanced geeks
among that group would
use something more esoteric (like opendirectory or some other single
sign on authentication and syncing
package). Us mac users (of which I am one) prefer afp over smb but both
are usable.