How to shrink a windows partition to make more room for Linux?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Jun 9 18:22:47 MST 2010

> You might try resizing back to the original size, then chkdsk, then try
> GParted again, letting it resize the filesystem and partition together.

Tried that. It also did not work.
In fact, by using ntfsresize back to the original size of 159G,
it responded to say 100% complete, but now there is only 148G
instead of the original 159G showing in sba5. Amazing.

In utter frustration, I finally just hit the DELETE button on sba5
and it won't allow that either.  It said it couldn't do that if
there were any mounted partitions in sba1 (which of course includes
the Linux partitions (or file systems) that are within sba1.

Utterly incomprehensible.