Postfix + LDAP + Cluster

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Jun 2 20:53:35 MST 2010

You don't really need the flat file or LDAP mirror.
The nslcd and nscd naming services cache daemons handle any caching you might need to handle momentary slowness or single packet drops, and it's a LOT simpler to manage.
Really, unless you're afraid of LDAP going *poof*, you won't have trouble with performance hitting LDAP directly.

As for mail replication, the mail directories are just files; rsync can sync the mail directories just as well as any other files.