SAMBA PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 8 23:01:59 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 22:40 -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:

> A little BingO shows that Microsoft changed the name to
> "Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications Overview"  with Vista and Server
> 2003 (?).  It is  treated as a known package by 2008 (r2) and Win 7.
----
real Linux users don't Bing   ;-)

whatever they call it... it's SFU (Services For Unix) by the time you
actually get it installed on Windows.

of course you can use the shell package (I forgot the name) that gives
you an x server and a bash shell and pile of cli utilities on Windows
instead.

Craig

believed to be clean.