OT: DVD RW media ?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Feb 3 01:04:47 MST 2010

Older devices had issues with one or the other of DVD-R or DVD+R (most read DVD+R better), newer devices are fine with any of them.
Lower quality DVD-RW/DVD+RW may not play well with lower quality players, choose quality media and you should be fine, however.
ALL brands have both high quality and low quality media, and it's (nearly) impossible to tell which is in a given store.

There are some techniques to use listed at the following two sites (the first is for CD, but most of it applies to DVD as well, and it's a more informative page)
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html#S7
http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/recordable_dvd_quality_page_1.html