How to locate all duplicate files?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Wed Apr 21 15:16:07 MST 2010

Try:
http://netdial.caribe.net/~adrian2/programs/fdupes.html

Or:
>/tmp/MD5SUMs
cd /path_1
find . -type f|sort|while read FI;do md5sum "$FI">>/tmp/MD5SUMs;done
cd /path_2
md5sum -c /tmp/MD5SUMs|grep -v 'OK$'

OR:
cd /path_1
find . -type f|sort>/tmp/path_1.files
cd /path_2
find . -type f|sort>/tmp/path_2.files
diff /tmp/path_1.files /tmp/path_2.files
YMMV
ET

PS: If you have any question you will get any answer.  :)