no commentary on SCO v. Novell ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 3 17:48:41 MST 2010

----
#1 - what did Apple innovate lately? I must have missed it because I've
been using Linux for too long now.

#2 - I haven't seen a report that Apple is getting more than 7.3% of
desktop OS sales...
http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/01/01/survey-mac-os-hit-record-73-share-in-december-iphone-up-33/
where do you get this 10% figure?

#3 - I suppose that one could conceivably debate how Windows 7 has
essentially blunted any UI differences with OS X but it's pretty much ho
hum in my view either way... both are essentially cut from the same
cloth. The only OS less interesting in businesses than Windows 7 is OS
X. But Microsoft wins just by entrenchment alone.

Now as for real innovation... let's give the world a very large iPod
touch without the ability to use any of the accessories already
available, get people to pony up for accessories that should have been
standard features and induce them to subscribe for services like
magazines, newspapers, television content and maybe another $30 a month
for AT&T. Love that. I think the emperor has no clothes.

Craig

believed to be clean.