How to export text from a .chm file?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Apr 1 12:09:05 MST 2010

How can I export the text from a .chm file?

In particular when it is broken into multiple "chapters"?

I have a file with 884,134 bytes and the content is broken into 90
chapters.  I can open the file with 'xchm' and read the contents (or
capture the text) chapter by chapter but how can I export the complete
text of all 90 chapters in a single text file?

What a nuisance all the screwball M$ files are.

I found the following items at linux.software.informer.com but have no
idea and no way to figure out which one might do what I want most simply
and efficiently.

- CHM2Word 3.0 - Dawningsoft Inc - Convert CHM file to M$ Word Document
- More Linux Convert CHM to Text File
- ChmDecompiler 3.2 - GuohuaSoft - decompiler for Compiled Windows HTML
Help files (*.chm)
- CHM2PDF Pilot 2.1 - Two Pilots - can convert any CHM file to PDF file.
- CHM to HTML Converter 4.4 - Armenian Dictionary Software - convert any
CHM files to HTML
- CHM Decoder 2.0 - GridinSoft LLC - decompile CHM files to HTML