KDE 4.X

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:25:30 MST 2009

John wrote:

> Why do you think Fedora's packages are better? I'm having a horrible time
> with Kubuntu 9.04 freezing, crashing, x crashing so I may make a change.

Well, for one it doesn't do any of that ;)
IMO, Fedora also has a better relationship with upstream, more issues are
fixed by the KDE Special Interests Group, and in general the entire Fedora
project is more even on the GNOME/KDE debate than the Ubuntu camp so there
is somewhat better support.

it may also do you some good to run OpenSuSE, they also have good KDE builds
(in the OpenSuSE build service, IMO the default packages they ship in the
latest version are fairly ancient and have some KDE3 deps)

--
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

Fortune:
We were so poor that we thought new clothes meant someone had died.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.