Phoenix Linux User Group Security Lab Moves to First Wednesday @ 18:00 at John C. Lincoln Hospital Cowden Center

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Oct 28 09:19:02 MST 2009

*Brian Fields (aka AZ Rune) *will be both hosting the November Phoenix Linux
User Group and providing our monthly presentation content next Wednesday at
the Cowden Center of (HIPAA Compliant) John C. Lincoln North Mountain
Hospital from 18:00 until 20:30.

Hackfests are semi-quarterly events that provide open encroachment using
Linux Distro based pentest and exploit tools.  Hackfests require
registration, presentations do not.  Presentations are held in public venues
on community based networks, and provide no avenue for lab testing of
security tools.

*Hackfests always need build engineers, IDS and forensic staff people with
abilities in Snort, puppet and Backtrack4, Samari, DVL and OWASP tools.   *
*
There is an open call for monthly presentations; contact
lisakachold at obnosis.com.*

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/node/1204

The Cowden Center is located in the North Mountain Hospital Complex at 9202
N. 2nd Street, Phoenix Arizona 85020.
PLUG uses the Auditorium #180 since we generally have up to 40 students and
professionals attend.
The NEW DAY and time for our winter series is the First Wednesday of every
month starting at 18:00 until 20:30 to give everyone a chance to show up
late or come earlier.

Presentation materials are available online the day of the event if you
could not attend.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=9202+N.+Second+St
.,+phoenix+az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.411029,74.794922&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

PLUG provides coordination with local educators for extra credit and happily
organize signup sheets and content syllabus with teachers.  Contact us to
make arrangements.