Userful multidesktop

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:40:38 MST 2009

This is an interesting tool. and with enough real hosrsepower you
could share off a single computer with some workstation like
performance to a few users. as each station has a real graphiocs card
attached to it. (or one computer gaming for both for us gamers)

its a neat variation on thin client computing in any case, and has
certain advantages of LTSP or somesuch (http://www.ltsp.org/)

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
> Am 08. Okt, 2009 schwätzte Lynn, William A III CIV USAF so:
>
> moin moin Bill,
>
>> Hi.  Does anyone have any experience with this company?  They do multiple
>> monitors/keyboards/mice off one computer to extend a PC to several users.
>>  They say it's a "green" solution to modern computing, too.
>
> Brian was just looking at this as he was converting a library to
> GNU/Linux.
>
> He said something coming out soon ( Karmic? Next version of X? New kernel?
> ) will have many of the features provided by Userful.
>
>>    Just seeing if anyone has an opinion on this.  It could be really
>> helpful to schools on a tight budget, I'm thinking.
>>
>>   http://www2.userful.com/
>
> Agreed. It would be great for schools, libraries, cafes and any other
> place providing multiple desktops for the public.
>
> It's too late for a presentation at ABLEconf, but a multi-head demo would
> be great.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.ABLEconf.com/
> #  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.
> #  ABLEconf: Saturday, 2009Okt24, Tempe.
> #  "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance
> #  all over them." -- Pete Townsend

Stephen