looking for db recommendation

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Mar 31 12:48:20 MST 2009

If you like right click solutions for importing then you can also check out
Aqua Fold Data Studios. It has a limited trial but it makes things easy as
you can connect up to your MS Access db and export the entire database
(table creation, caned queries, and data) with just a few clicks.
Recreating in MySQL becomes just as easy.  If you can have both MySQL on
SuSE running and MS Access on win xp, then I would, personally, use access
to to directly transfer the data. It's easy and you can immediately verify
everything is how you want it so their are no surprises. Otherwise you can
export each table as a cvs file and import them using one of the MySQL admin
apps (or command line) or you can use AFDS to do everything for you.  No
matter what you choice to do I would still back up the tables as CVS files
and toss them on a jump drive, just in case.

  _____