Router problem

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Mar 17 00:13:19 MST 2009

Be sure that you hold down the reset button until the lights flash to reset.

Try both 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 with the ethernet device plugged in, and get an automatic DHCP address.

Once you get into it, flash it with this?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/stable/dd-wrt.v22/dd-wrt.v22-final-r2.zip

or just upgrade it with this first.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175238794052&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=9405239789B02

You can always reflash it with LinkSys open source software firmware later if OpenWRT is hated.

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54GL/download

Here's the documentation related to how to setup that device from Cisco:
http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/WRT54GL_V11_UG_C-Web,0.pdf

Obnosis | (503)754-4452

PLUG Linux Security Labs 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM