Firefox Weirdness...

stu w wien33 at cox.net
Wed Mar 11 02:16:51 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 20:41 +0000, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> What was the "security" site name or URL?

Unfortunately I don't remember as I was searching for something totally
different, onboard VIA cpu motherboards as I recall. It's not the first
time I've stumbled on one of these sites, but they never caused issues
before, and of course, the History went out with the old .mozilla file.

> Your Firefox security can be tightened up by using NoScript plugin to
> control JavaScript pop-up windows, Firefox settings and systems
> changes.
>
> http://www.firefoxfacts.com/2008/10/13/resize-and-reposition-your-browser-with-javascript/

Thanks for the info. I'll look into this tonight.

> You should also NEVER surf (or work) in root!

That's one of the advantages of Ubuntu, never doing anything as root
user unless the computer requires it. With a few exceptions, Lenny is
pretty much the same way.
	Thanks again for the tips!