OT: ICANN and NRO

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jun 23 21:00:33 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:54 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 23. Jun, 2009 schwätzte Bob Elzer so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> > We didn't create it.  Al Gore did.
>
> Apprently he didn't make that claim.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

----
I think that anyone who repeats that theory of Al Gore doesn't really
care anyway.

The sad truth is that our elected representatives whether in the House
or Senate are almost all poorly informed about all technology matters
and even worse, it is the corporate interests that lobby and get their
measure. Can someone say clean coal?

Al Gore was one of the most informed Senators and someone that ridicules
him for something like this is really only interested in trying to score
cheap political points at the cost of intellectual honesty.

I think the reason we get such crappy government is because we don't
care enough to be informed ourselves so that we elect informed people to
office.

Craig

believed to be clean.