OT: SOLVED: What Computer to Take to Coilege and Brand new iTouch for Sale

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Tue Jun 23 13:40:37 MST 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:

> Setup her firewall to exclude all inbound

I've seem this advice quite e few times but I have also  seen the
opposite: don't bother to block inbound ports where no service is
enabled. I've always thought the latter advice made more sense
intuitively. Unless there are things that I don't know about like
trojans that enable services, I simply can't see any point to blocking
requests to ports where there is no service running. I'm always
willing to  learn.
--
Conscience is thoroughly well-bred and soon leaves off talking to
those who do not wish to hear it.