XenServer 5.5 is out

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:13:02 MST 2009

> KVM ONLY works with chips that have virtualization extensions, and even then it has less-than-stellar performance due to the use of qemu(which is a nice tool, but quite slow) for the emulation layer.
> XEN, VirtuaBox,

Strange that you state Qemu as a negative for KVM, then go on to list
two more projects that heavily utilize Qemu code as comparisons that are
better...

> The Free-Software world is about having many choices in a diverse software ecosystem, not having the latest new "shiny" take over from other great tools and technologies.

One of the main reasons people are moving away from KVM actually is due
to the mistrust in Citrix, and the lack of support they're showing to
the project. While I'm not a huge fan of FUD, I certainly trust Red Hat
and the core kernel developers to do a better job going forward of
advancing KVM.

There is a reason Xen hasn't been merged into the main kernel tree, and
it's not because the code is good.