wired/wireless security

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Sat Jun 6 07:48:11 MST 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Jim March wrote:

> As far as I'm aware, doing a router hard reset with a toothpick to the
> "hidden button" in the back will flush that sort of idiocy out.

One comment and one question:
Comment:	Unless you get the malware off every computer on your LAN
before you reset your router the malware will just rejigger the router.
Question:	Do you really need to reset the router? Wouldn't it be
enough to just restore the DNS address to good values?

--
Conscience is thoroughly well-bred and soon leaves off talking to
those who do not wish to hear it.