Using fedora instead of ipcop

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:57:38 MST 2009

Hey

So I was wondering if I could use my fedora machine as a router for my house. I did find a pretty good guide on how to do it but I think it assumes u are using 1 ethernet card. I know I should disable dhcp on my router and install and start dhcp on my fedora box. I also know that I should connect the ethernet cable from the modem to one of the ethernet ports on my fedora box and the other cable to a switch. The reason why I am doing a dhcp using fedora instead of ipcop is because I don't have another box to spare. Also is there a good web based gui front end as well similar to ipcop. By the way I do have a regular router that works but I would like to try this and if not I could go with ipcop or m0n0wall.

Nadim
Nadim Hoque
Cell: 480-518-6235
Address: 6302 West Kent Drive