BAD kubuntu

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 18:13:36 MST 2009

Besides the DE itself you simply cannot compare KUbuntu and Ubuntu --
they are identical.
GNOME may be more 'stable' but when you think about it, products like
RHEl are stable too. That doesn't necessarily make it better. The
developer zeal of KDE and the future sustainability of its tech is
much higher than GNOME's.  KDE is a desktop designed with the future
in mind, whereas GNOME is designed to introduce new users to GNU/Linux
and provide a simple, deathly easy to use desktop.

KDE has akonadi, nepomuk, strigi, plasma.... GNOME has a largely
Python based interface that has, in my experience seemed dull and
introductory at best, nothing like KDE. Ever since the first time I
used KDE (Knoppix livecd running 3.5.4(not sure about that minor?))
and have always found it easier to use and more intuitive than GNOME.
Even KDE4 in its infancy just 'made sense' even though it was a little
less stable.

Ryan

On 7/31/09, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Ryan Rix<phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/31/09, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   I switched from Kubuntu to Ubuntu... Ubuntu is more solid.
>>>
>>>   -jmz
>>
>> I don't get that at all, from the
>> internal-x-won't-start-kernel-problem-ohnoes standpoint this thread is
>> about, given that kubuntu == ubuntu + apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.
>>
>> And for that matter, since the last time you probably tried was when
>> KDE4 was still in its use and thus NATURALLY less stable than GNOME.
>
>   I would think that Ubuntu will continue to be more stable than
> Kubuntu as the difference is user base is quite drastic.
>
>   -jmz
>

>> --
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Ryan Rix