Kmail or Evolution?

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Jul 30 09:43:29 MST 2009

On Thursday 30 July 2009 07:08:41 am mike Enriquez wrote:
> Which of these email clients do you like (Kmail or Evolution); and why?
> Please reply so I can see which one of these is the most used. I will
> gladly foward the results to the group.
> Thanks
> Mike Enriquez

I have used kmail for years. I tried evolution when it came out and found it way to buggy, which has mostly been fixed over the years though I ocassionaly try it again just for fun, but I really don't care for it. Kmail and it's bigger sibling Kontact are far and away my favorites. I use disconnected IMAP and I use kolab version 1 groupware settings so I can keep my contacts, calendars, notes and everything else as part of my imap account. I have in the past setup a gmail account and used disconnected IMAP with gmail and still was able to use my calendar information, which gmail automatically picked up on though I never had to set anything up.

Plus integration with Konqueror and Koffice makes it slick as well.

nathan

--

Nathan England
nathan at paysonlinux.org