Ubuntu Desktop locks

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 16:08:33 MST 2009

Yes, do you have the article link that you could share.

Mine started locking up as well. KDE 4.2.4 was worse as every morning I'd come back and it would be in low graphics mode. I switched to Gnome and it would freeze every other day. I'm running some php laconica scripts in the background that are known for memory leaks but I have a cron job restart the processes every 3 hours. I attributed my freezes to the php scripts. I'm using the nvidia drivers for the 5200 and I don't have Compbiz enabled. When it happens you can't ssh in so I can't restart my comp when I'm on the road.

Thanks for any info.

John