ext? as fat or ntfs?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Jul 18 00:24:44 MST 2009

Am 17. Jul, 2009 schwätzte Bob Elzer so:

> I agree with Ryan, if you want to see an ext2 or ext3 partition on M$, then
> you could have a small fat or ntfs with the ext2IFS
> http://www.fs-driver.org/ on it.

It's a kernel module, so I'm not certain about getting it installed.

> You would have to install the ext2IFS software on each machine you wanted to
> see the partition though.

Will it have to be installed or can it just run from the thumb drive?

I'd prefer to find something that can run without needing to be installed.

> I do remember way back getting CD's that had M$ and Mac software on them,
> you would only see the stuff for the system you were using. But I'm not sure
> how they did that.

Well, that can be done by just ignoring one of the partitions, but my goal
is to have the partition be usable.

ciao,

der.hans
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
# how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB