[Article] Cox ready to throttle P2P, non "time sensitive" traffic

Tim Noeding tim.noeding at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:56:53 MST 2009

I tend not to believe this kind of thing, considering it fear mongering...
is this legit?

On Jan 29, 2009 3:54 PM, "Stephen P Rufle" <stephen.p.rufle at cox.net> wrote:

There was an interesting article in Wired about Comcast seems they had
to learn how to be an ISP instead of a dumb pipe Cable TV provider

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/17-02/mf_brianroberts

We as a group are VERY vocal minority. Most people would not even know
or even be effected by Shaping or Rate limiting. I am glad though that
the group exists, we are like a consumer advocate for all the people
that do not know any better.