Linux Mint distro

Paul Mooring drpppr242 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:01:43 MST 2009

Eric Shubert wrote:
> There was mention of Mint on the list back in August. I ran into someone
> tonight who said he really likes it. I see that it's moving up the
> distrowatch list and now sits at #3, above openSUSE(#4) and Mandriva(#5).
>
> Anyone here with any experience or insights about it that they'd like to
> share?

I try it a while ago, and remember liking it ok.  I think it's based off
Ubuntu, and when I used it not much was different beside cosmetic
changes (although the default background, themes, ect. looked much
better than ubuntu in my opinion).  These days I don't much care for
ubuntu so by extension I don't like mint much, but I think if you like
ubuntu you would likely feel the same about mint.