configure a test SSL

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 17:08:05 MST 2009

openssl s_client -showcerts

returns

connect: Connection refused
connect:errno=29

and when I try to access the site with https I get

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to newcart.dev.

SSL received a record with an unknown content type.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_unknown_record_type)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

    * Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

---
Any ideas much appreciated.

Keith Smith