What laptop to get to replace my 15" macbook?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 08:57:41 MST 2009

I worked fro a company and we had to do this, bought shells cards and
other parts and assembled them.

If you have spent any time building computers its really easy just
need to pay attention to detail because of the compact nature of the
unit.

I know ASUS has a nice shell to build in, takes a mini PCIe x16 gpu LT
drive and Reg 775 core 2 duo

and there are a few others you can buy as a "barebone" kit and they arent bad.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM, mike Enriquez<mylinux at cox.net> wrote:
> I don't if anyone has mentioned it but try building your own laptop. The
> first time you build one it takes about 3 hours. Build it the way you
> want it! The benefit is that you will always know what is inside of it
> and you can always fix it yourself if something goes wrong.
> There are only 5 major manufacturers  of laptop in the world. If you
> order 10 million units they will even put your name on them. Intel went
> after them to agree to standardize their laptops so that Intel dealers
> could build them and replace the parts easily. Intel calls them White
> Box laptops. Find an Intel dealer and ask them about it. I built my own
> and I am very happy with it.
> The laptop comes to you in parts with a video that shows you how to put
> it together.
> Look into it and build the laptop you really want.
> Good luck.
> Mike Enriquez

Stephen