AWE... How Kute!

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Sat Aug 8 09:52:44 MST 2009

Lisa Kachold <lisakachold <at> obnosis.com> writes:

> http://tinycorelinux.com/

I met Robert Shingledecker, the creator of both DSL and Tinycore Linux at SCaLE.
In fact, I bought two ancient ThinkPad TP240s from him with Tinycore installed.

At $50 each they made nice 8 year old "netbooks." :-) Tinycore worked surprising
well and had a simple way of downloaded addition programs to extend the base.
Even had a light-weight version of Inkscape.

Tinycore, puppy and DSL are fun to play with, but not too practical in the long
run. Sort of like driving a Peel P50
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ub5rBdrE4), IMO.

dennisk

Learn Linux @ Mesa Community College