Handling Politics the plug-discuss way?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:58:10 MST 2009

Bob Elzer wrote:

> Each has it's own drawbacks and advantages. For one it would increase the
> web site traffic. More traffic, and they see other stuff that may interest
> them.
>
> Not sure if it could still be part of gmane or not.

GMane only handles mailing lists, not forum software :(

> It would certainly not cause someone to leave the list, they would just
> skip the topics they're not interested in.
> It would cut down on internet waste, I haven't looked how many people are
> on
> the list ?  But all those email to people who just delete them is a big
> waste of all that traffic.
>
> I'm sure something could be done for someone that wants an offline
> archive, but how many people save all this on their own systems, I know
> where to go if I need to recheck something, and messages that teach me
> something, I save in a folder.
>
> I don't think the admins would have a rift over where to store the
> archives. lol

I mean, half of the list's archive (the previous one) would reside in
lurker, and the other half would reside in $forumsoftware

--
---
Ryan Rix

> NE-2000 clone.  Pentium optimizing gcc (pentium gcc pl8 I think).

Build a kernel with the proper gcc. Reports with a non standard compiler
are useless.
	-- Alan Cox

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.