ISO file to boot CD?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:40:07 MST 2009

I would say that you see Linux discussed a lot with regard to making
bootable CDs from .iso files becaue every single distro does it naturally.
Whereas in Windows, it was mostly hidden away somewhere and not used much
until more recent times.  Take a look at
http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htmfor simple instructions for doing it
in any of doezens of
tools/environments.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM, architect Mike Enriquez
<mylinux at cox.net>wrote:

>    I am trying to understand how to take an ISO file and create a boot CD
> from it.
> I don't understand how Lunix relates to ISO files but Linux is mentioned at
> several web sites. I understand TAR files but can anyone understand how this
> relates to anything.
> Does anyone on the list know  of some good discussions sites on this
> subject as it relates to Linux and Windlows.
>
> Thanks
> Mike Enriquez
>     [image: FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!]<http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=109094&rui=114193493>

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry