Which EMail reader for BIG volumes of mail?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Apr 9 18:15:19 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 17:59 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> Evolution looks/feels like Outlook which may provide comfort. I have
> used it for many years and I'm comfortable with it and I am on a lot of
> mail lists and often get 1000+ e-mails a day.

I don't get quite that amount of mail, but I spend most of my life on
mail and I do use Evolution.  I realize that other clients have it now,
but the virtual folders are what makes mail work for me.  I probably
have about 70.  Last release they switched all of the folder code over
to SQLite so the performance has gotten much better.  I wouldn't
recommend 2.24.x though, definitely go for 2.26.x, much more stable.

		--Ted