Linux and Dell Laptop?

Rhune Lord rhunelord at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:36:37 MST 2008

> I have Ubuntu on my Latitude D830; no major problems, though I haven't
> yet gotten around to figuring out how to get the wireless working. I
> think the drivers are there, I just don't know how to detect wireless
> networks.

I went with Kubuntu 8.04 because KDE 3.5.9 detected the Intel Wireless
right off the bat. I still don't like KDE 4.X user interface yet.
Apps still need to be upgraded and smoothed out but it looks
promising.  I think I am going to wait to 10.4 before switching to KDE
4.X since that was the next projected LTS distro.

Thanks,
Brian