Slightly OT: T-Mobile G1 - Debian install

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:54:47 MST 2008

The new G1 is a good phone.  In six months, it will be a great phone.
Even at this early stage I'm amazed at how much functionality is
there.  I love having a *real* keyboard. And I love being able to get
to a terminal both locally on my phone and remotely.  Is it an iPhone
killer? For most people I'd say no. But it was a better fit for me and
I'm happy with it.  For the first day or two, I was worried. There
weren't many quality apps and there were a few issues with the phones
but the OTA updates keep rolling and I can't wait to see what nifty
new features we get next.  Plus, whenever I'm having a problem, I can
always pull out cheap "Trouble with my droid" and "this one's got a
bad motivator" references.  I really like the Android Marketplace.
It's well put together and I like that you get to try out everything
for free.