Re: [Update] Installfest @ Sat, May 31, 10am – 4pm

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri May 30 22:51:04 MST 2008

Am 30. Mai, 2008 schwätzte Lisa Kachold so:

> I am a past desertcodecamp.com presenter, teacher and distro developer
> from freegeek.org, with 20 years linux/unix systems administration
> experience.  I have built custom kernels, firewalls, kickstart
> servers or knoppix type dd installations and gentoo hand or scripted
> installations.

All excellent topics for presentations :).

> I can build a persistent USB 2.0 (1 gig or >) jumpdrive in about 30 minutes using any distro, but especially easy is Ubuntu:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
>
> How about a nice installation on a Playstation 3 (Fedora 8 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git;a=summary )
>
> ....Or perhaps OpenWRT on a Netgear (http://www.openbios.org/~stepan/wgt634u/ )?

These are some of the things I'd like to see happening with the
InstallFests. Project of the month type of thing.

One month we could do the persistent/install jumpdrive one month, then
installing on PS2/3[0] another month, then OpenWRT, then Asterisk, then
MythTV[1], then mame, then Virtual Box, etc.

Order is irrelevant other than requirements due to volunteers and interest.

Demos would also be great.

[0] We've got a PS3 GNU/Linux install slotted for June east side.

[1] We've got MythTV slotted for the June west side.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/              https://LOPSA.org/
# "I have no special talents, I am only passionately