PHP mail() woes

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 20:28:25 MST 2008

Is it just me or is it surprisingly difficult to find information about
how to configure qmail in the context of the ball of mess that Plesk
makes it?

I'm trying boosting ConcurrencyLocal to 40 and ConcurrencyRemote to 20
(twice the standard values), in the hopes it won't throw a fit when
someone says "I want to have 15 deliveries open".

Of course, I haven't been able to make it do it since like 2PM (which
was when I was in maximum fury of throwing services up and down and
poking helplessly at config files) so I can't tell what's helped.

At the end of the day, though, I know what the 900 kilo gorilla in the
room is.  We have one site which hit the "close" page an average of 130
times per day this month so far... each one means at least five and
possibly as many as 12 or so emails.

I'm so glad I'm not with a host that caps outbound email (:cough:
GoDaddy :cough:)-- I recall when the queues would backup 300, 400 deep
with them.

It's amazing how many people do not "get" the concept of a back-office
they can log into regularly to check out things like orders.  I can
somehow imagine Michael Dell saying "Every order, I want to get an
email on my mobile doohickey!"