OT: cell coverage

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Wed Jun 11 19:43:49 MST 2008

der.hans wrote:
> The maps for t-mobile and at$t show about 50% of the state having no
> coverage.
Well what is 50% of the state? Rocks and dirt, maybe some rattlesnakes.
All the populated areas are nicely covered.

> How long until OpenMoko and Android are available? What providers will
> they work with?

The OpenMoko has JUST been approved for mass production, and then
they'll figure out how to ship it to the distribution centers here (air
or sea). Once that all gets figured out, and the handsets reach the
distribution centers, the online store will open.

Dunno about Android, but OpenMoko will only work with GSM providers.
That's pretty much just T-Mobile and ATT. There are more other, more
local GSM providers, but they only cover like, metro Phoenix.

> I didn't even realize sprint still exists. The sprint maps are close to
> Helio's, so I'll presume they're the same sucky highways only coverage
> sprint has always provided.

Sprint works okay for my family, except that I hate them. Of course,
what cell phone provider isn't to hate? :D

> ciao,
>
> der.hans

coi

.tunys.