DD-WRT and Cox-- any warnings?

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 19:56:09 MST 2008

Well, I bought one of those $15 bargain Airlink101 routers from Fry's
in an abortive attempt to fix a poor 802.11g connectivity situation.
As it turned off, it was something else.  Not wanting to consider it a
write-off, I installed the new DD-WRT v24 firmware on it.

However, before I drop it in (replacing a second-hand stock firmware
Linksys WRT54G which I'm powering off a 12v laptop brick I'm really
coveting for another project) I'm wondering if there are any settings I
need to adjust to avoid offending the local ISP (in my case, Cox) -- I
assume that the 'info page' and 'remote management' features might
count as forbidden 'servers' to them, so I already turned them off, but
what else?

It's nice having something I can telnet into (since I don't spend
enough time at a putty window at work)